As a skilled mentor, writer, and editor, Margaret works with individual writers as a coach to help set writing goals and structure and as an editor to comment on poems or a manuscript.
As a freelance consultant and independent contractor to organizations since 1989, Margaret serves the non-profit sector in Minnesota and nationally. Her diverse arts, education, and other clients include organizations, government agencies, and foundations ranging from start-up to established, and small community-based groups to the National Endowment for the Arts and the Kennedy Center. She teaches or advises on graduate courses and study in arts administration for Drexel University in Philadelphia and St. Mary’s University in Minneapolis.
Her expertise includes:
• Strategic, organizational, and program planning
• Fundraising plans, case statements, individual donor development, prospect research, strategic grant development, and coaching Board and staff on fundraising
• Focus group discussions and community canvasses
• Surveys and interviews to define issues and provide information
• Group facilitation and team building
• Board development
• Program, board, and organizational assessment and evaluation
Margaret has a B.A. from Stanford University and an M.A. from the University of Minnesota, both in English.